Contains 🥚 Eggs | Time: 6h | Contains 🥛 Dairy
A simple recipe for a classic New York-Style Baked Cheesecake. Treat your tastebuds to pure bliss!
Preparing Biscuit Base: 15 minutes
Combining Ingredients: 10 to 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: 4 hours (or overnight)
TOTAL TIME: 6 hours
Ingredients for the Biscuit Base:
200 grams of Crackers (or Marie Biscuits or both)
100 grams of Cooking Butter (unsalted)
1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
30 grams of Icing Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Milk (depending on consistency)
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Filling:
500 grams of Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
2 Eggs (at room temperature)
170 grams of Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
50 grams of All-Purpose Flour
1) Run biscuits in the food processor to turn them into coarse powder.
2) Melt the butter
3) Add salt and icing sugar to the powdered biscuits, mix well, and pour the melted butter.
4) Mix the ingredients well. If your biscuit base is dry and does not hold together, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk.
5) Prepare an 8-inch springform pan by placing a lining of parchment paper at the bottom.
6) Shape the biscuit base at the bottom and on the sides of the springform pan.
7) Place the biscuit base in the fridge to chill and start preheating your oven to 180 C (356 F).
8) Break down cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or with the hand mixer using beaters.
9) Add sugar to cream cheese and mix/beat for a few minutes.
10) Add in 2 eggs, vanilla extract and flour. Continue mixing until everything is well combined.
11) Fill up the biscuit base with the cream cheese filling.
12) Bake the cheesecake at 180°C (356°F) with heat applying from the top and bottom for 30 minutes.
13) After baking, cool the cheesecake in the oven for about an hour.
14) Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours (preferable overnight).
Top the cheesecake with fresh fruits/jam/compote/syrups or any toppings of your choice.
Dig in! You cannot resist trying it after a long wait!